With more than 20+ brands of fitness monitor bands, it would be hard to know which one to purchase. As health conscious people are already getting dragged into this kind of thing, you wouldn’t want to be left behind but it would also be important to know what you are looking for.
One of the wholesalers and distributors of mobile phone accessories and laptop peripherals in Taiwan, The Peterson Group, has realized the growing demand for health monitor band this year. Unfortunately, many scammers have also taken this opportunity in their advantage to sell counterfeit of these products. Black markets in Beijing, China, Jakarta, Indonesia and Bangkok, Thailand are primarily the source of these transactions.
In order to prevent you from fraud monitors circulating in the market, here are the tips to look for in a legitimate health band:
1. It should look and feel good authentically
No matter how impressive a given tracker detects quality of sleep or measure calories, you will be miserable if you buy something you do not want to wear. Pay attention to its details: design and its comfort. Consider spending a bit more for a device that can be both elegant and low-profile at the same time.
2. Invest in something that Sync Automatically
Fitness trackers work best when they sync automatically. You want to be able to throw on your strap, clip, or bracelet, then casually check stats at your leisure, as opposed to some sort of ritualistic, 5 o’clock rite where you plug in your USB cord and wait to see how far that last piece of chocolate cake set you back. Remember: set it and forget it.
3. Make sure it is compatible
In order to sync your devices, you have to make sure it is compatible with your personal phone, tablet or computer. Some devices only works with specific mobile phones while others only sync on a desktop phone.
Here are some of the best fitness band that can be considered:
1. Sony Smartband Talk – a simple classic device which has less functionality than a smart watch but more features than your typical tracker. It can also track your calories more appropriately than other devices
2. Samsung Gear Feat – although a little pricier than others, it can monitor your sleep, track your steps, cycling and running activities which can also be worth what you have paid for
3. Misfit Flash – the flash monitors your calories burned, distance travelled, steps taken and quality of sleep, a device which offers more health tracking than others.